6.04.2008

TANZANIA :SATURDAY -,MAY 31- MY ARRIVAL

I boarded a plane in LAX on Thurs and made a stop in DC. Another stop in Rome. A crew change in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and finally after 18 hours on a flight. The staff on Ethiopia airlines was the best and the food was 'surprisingly' even better. I tried to sleep most of the way, however, you can imagine my anxiousness to GET OFF THE PLANE!!!!! So, it was great to get such a warm welcome. The Internet is hard to come by...so, check here every couple of days for updates. Here is a little footage of my arrival.


I tried to take as many photos of I could of my drive to the hotel, but,mostly just families walking along the side of the road and driving through small shanty towns. Looked like Inglewood too me, just less resources. :)






As we drove into the entrance of our hotel, I was in awe of the architecture of this hotel. It was very modern and had a beautiful lobby. Once again, we were greeted with amazing hospitality as conference attendees and Masai tribesman and women danced in front of the hotel while staff greeted us with warm clothes for our hands a glass of freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. UMMMMM.





The Naura Springs Hotel was actually built specifically for the the Leon Sullivan Foundation Summit, so, we were the first to stay...and I don't think they were actually "ready"....check out my video below. All in all I made it work..the staff was great to me and I made alot of friends so many of my wishes were met immediately. Only thing that was missing was the digital television that was promised from the hotel website and room service that I have become so accustomed to in my previous travels. So, far...so good. LOL! We went down to the reception later that night which introduce a couple of the host of the Sullivan Foundation. Jesse Jackson led us in prayer and Chris Tucker told a joke or two and quickly disappeared. It was now time to retire. Oh, but, due the power/energy structure here in Tanzania they often have brownouts like every couple of hours. So, guess what happened when I wanted to turn tonight? Yes, and guess what floor I am on in the hotel? The 10th.....Well, at least I have been getting a bit of a workout!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

18 hours that's crazy. I'm glad you made it safely.