6.01.2008

TANZANIA: MONDAY JUNE 2-1ST DAY OF LEON SULLIVAN SUMMIT

Today I wanted to go shopping in the city and look around. My driver Tito picked up my roommate and I and took us out on the town. I bought some beautiful statues and pictures etc.... From what I am hearing it a bit more expensive here in Tanzania vs. Ethiopia...but, I also hear the Ethiopian poverty level is even worse than Tanzania. Honestly though, most of the people I have seen EXCEPT FOR THE TIMES WE HEAD TO THE BUSH AREAS, are carrying cell phones, dress in suits. I mean, obviously the locals don't have "money" per say...but, they seem way happier than we are in America..even with all we have. Here's some photos while I was out on the town.

(CLICK ON X IF DOESN'T SHOW)






After my shopping expedition, I decided to head over the AICC Convention Center to check out the Fourm for the Role of Youth in Africa's Future. They allowed the children to get up in speak from their hearts one their thoughts...etc. I cried and was very touched by each and every one of them. Africa's children are born leaders.....and eloquent speakers. TAKE A LOOK. Later that night therew as a beautiful reception with the President of Tanzania, (CLICK ON X IF DOESN'T SHOW)


No comments: